Transient and Transfer Students


Transient Students:

Students who are registered as transient at Lake-Sumter Community College (LSCC) are not eligible to receive financial assistance; however, students can receive assistance at their home institution. You should check with the Financial Aid Office at your home institution to find out the procedure for receiving aid for classes you are taking at LSCC. Classes registered in at LSCC should be paid by the student by the posted fee payment deadline for that term.

LSCC students who are taking classes at another institution as a transient student for credit toward their degree at LSCC should follow the following procedure to receive financial assistance for the transient coursework.

  1. Get prior permission to take transient coursework by filling out the Transient Student Form on the website. Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for approval from LSCC.
  2. Register and pay for coursework at the transient institution.
  3. Turn in approved Transient Form, paid receipt, and class schedule to the Financial Aid Office at the Leesburg campus.
  4. The Financial Aid Office will send a consortium agreement to the transient institution and once received back by LSCC, the student’s aid will be adjusted.
  5. At the end of the term in which a student is taking transient coursework, LSCC must receive an official transcript in order to award aid for the next term of enrollment.

Please note:  No consortium agreements will be processed until after the Lake-Sumter Community College add/drop period is over each term.


Transfer Students:

For students who are transferring to LSCC, academic transcripts must be received and evaluated before any financial aid can be awarded. If a student’s completion ratio or GPA is below the standards of academic progress for financial aid at LSCC, they will receive financial aid on a probationary status. In addition, if a student transfers in more than 90 credit hours, eligibility for financial aid will be suspended; however, students do have the option to appeal if they have mitigating circumstances.